Private D-Day tour from Bayeux, Paris or Sainte Mère Église
Bayeux Sightseeing Tours can show you the ‘highlights” of D-Day, or whatever you want to see, and all possible in one day. This is a tour for people who do not want to share the vehicle with others or have specific interests and sites they want to visit. If you have children under 8 yo, this tour is suitable for you. Others will NOT be able to join this tour too. Groups up to a maximum of 8 people per vehicle! Bayeux Sightseeing Tours deliberately keeps her groups small for maximum personal contact and to have enough time to show you everything we promise. This way we will also be able to answer all your questions. If your party exceeds 8, no problem. Just mail us and ask for the possibilities. If your interest is Band of Brothers or Airborne in general, this will be an excellent choice too. Even the biggest history buff will like this D-Day tour!
Visit our “itinerary of our tours” page for more detailed information.
Details of this tour
- Full day – 8hrs tour, with an English speaking guide.
- Pick up time and place flexible. On weekdays, suitable for people starting from Paris also.
- No pick up fee in the Bayeux – Carentan – Sainte Mère Église area.
- Flexible itinerary. You can discuss with us what you would like to see. Bayeux Sightseeing Tours can show you the “highlights,” like our full day shared tour, or more in depth picking specific spots.
- Sainte-Mère Église
- Infamous hedgerow countyside
- Monument at Lt Meehan’s crashsite (Band of Brothers)
- Gen. Leclerc Monument
- Utah Beach
- Dick Winters’ Leadership Memorial
- Sainte Marie du Mont
- Angoville au Plain
- Deadman’s Corner
- Purple Heart lane
- Pointe du Hoc
- Omaha Beach
- Normandy American Cemetery
- Besides these highlights, other possible interesting places to visit are:
- La Fiere bridge / Iron Mike Monument / Cauqaigny church and Glider Infantry Monument / Charles deGlopper Monument, MOH recipient / General Falley’s ambush side
- Crisbecq gun battery
- Carentan / Col Cole Bayonet charge Monument / E co 506th PIR route into Carentan
- La Cambe, German Cemetery
- “Big Red One” Monument / WN 62 (WN=WiederstandsNest or in English “strongpoint”) / WN 60 where Maj. Werner Pluskat saw the invasion fleet coming towards him
- Longues sur Mer gun battery. This is one of the few batteries in France still with its original guns in place
- Arromanches, with its remains of the artificial “Mulberry” harbour / Gold Beach
- Bayeux – Carentan – Sainte Mere Eglise area: Pick up at your hotel lobby at 9:15am
- Paris – Carentan, train station: 9:50am (coming in from Paris)
For Paris, book train: TRAIN NOMAD #3301 leaving Saint Lazare station at 6:59am – arriving 9:50am at Carentan train station. Book your return train: TRAIN NOMAD #3314 leaving Carentan station at 6:08pm – arriving 9:03pm at Paris SaintLazare train station.
This train runs only on weekdays! Weekends not compatible with this tour. Only bookable about 3 months ahead of your tour. So, do not worry if it does not show up yet if you try to book it more than 3 months ahead.
- Sainte Mère Église, Airborne Museum: 10:00am
- Internal PA system, so while on the move we are able to give you lots of additional information. Audible for everyone, wherever you are seated.
- Free onboard WIFI.
- On board storage of your baggage is possible.
December 1st – February 28th: 395 Euros from 1 up to 8 persons in your group. Excluding Christmas holiday: Dec 19th 2020 – Jan 6th 2021 at 575 Euro.
November 1st – November 30th and March 1st – March 14th: 495 Euros from 1 up to 8 persons in your group.
March 15th – October 31st: 575 Euros from 1 up to 8 persons in your group.
Lunch and museum fee not included. Prices are not per person!