Two – Day guided private D-Day tour
Bayeux Sightseeing Tours also offers an indepth tour of D-Day. This is a tour for people who do not want to share the vehicle with others or have specific interests and sites they want to visit. If you had family or people you know fighting here or just have great interest in what happened on D-Day, this tour is perfect for you. Others will NOT be able to join this tour too. Groups up to a maximum of 8 people per vehicle! Bayeux Sightseeing Tours deliberately keeps her groups small for maximum personal contact and to have enough time to show you everything we promise. This way we will also be able to answer all your questions. If your interest is Band of Brothers or Airborne in general, this will be an excellent choice too. An intense and powerfull tour covering the American sector and British landing beach “Gold”!
Details of this tour
- 2 Full days – 16hrs tour, with an English speaking guide.
- Pick up time and place flexible.
- No pick up fee in the Bayeux – Carentan – Sainte Mère Église area.
- Flexible itinerary. You can discuss with us what you would like to see. Your Bayeux Sightseeing Tours guide can show you specific spots. If you had family fighting here during WWII, let us know and we will try to follow the footsteps of your hero!
- This tour runs all year around.
- Airborne Museum Ste Mere Eglise
- Ste Mere Eglise Church and square
- La Fiere bridge / Iron Mike Monument / Cauqaigny church and Glider Infantry Monument / Charles deGlopper Monument, MOH recipient / General Falley’s ambush side
- LeClerc Monument at Utah Beach
- Bunkercomplex at Utah Beach
- Brecourt Manor
- Sainte Marie du Mont church and square
- Angoville au Plain church
- Dead man’s corner and Purple heart lane
- Carentan / Col Cole Bayonet charge Monument / E co 506th PIR route into Carentan
- La Cambe, German Cemetery
- Pointe du Hoc
- Omaha Beach Vierville draw
- Omaha beach Le Ruquet draw WN65
- Lunch at restaurant L’Omaha or La Sapinière at Omaha beach
- Omaha beach “Big Red One” Monument / WN 62 (WN=WiederstandsNest or in English “strongpoint”) / WN 60 where Maj. Werner Pluskat saw the invasion fleet coming towards him
- Normandy American Cemetery
- Longues sur Mer gun battery. This is one of the few batteries in France still with its original guns in place
- Gold beach / Arromanches, with its remains of the artificial “Mulberry” harbour and the 360deg Cinema
- Free pick up and drop off at your hotel or B&B on both days (St Mere Eglise – Bayeux area only).
- Internal PA system, so while on the move we are able to give you lots of additional information. Audible for everyone, wherever you are seated.
- Free onboard WIFI.
- On board storage of your baggage is possible.
December 1st – February 28th: 995 Euros from 1 up to max. 8 persons in your group. Excluding Christmas holiday from December 16th 2023 – January 7th 2024: 1150 Euro.
March 1st – November 30th: 1250 Euros from 1up to max. 8 persons in your group.
Lunch and museum fees not included. Prices are not per person!
Want more detailed information about the itinerary, go to our “D-Day tours” page.